- Indexed Annuities: What Are They? Learn about indexed annuities and how they differ from other fixed annuities.
- Indexed Annuities: What Does It All Mean? Definitions to common terms used when discussing indexed annuities.
- Indexed Annuities: Do Your Clients Have a Strategy? Give your clients a strategy for success! (for producer use)
- Fixed Index Annuity Basics Learn more about FIAs and how they can fit with your clients financial goals.
- Annuitization vs. FIAs with Optional Income Riders Compare annuitization and FIAs with optional income riders to determine what works best for your clients.
Single Premium Immediate Annuities
- What is a Single Premium Immediate Annuity? (for consumer use)
- Nationwide INCOME Promise Select Product Overview An overview of the Medicaid-friendly annuity.
- Nationwide INCOME Promise Select Planning Checklist A helpful checklist showing you what information you need to gather.
Articles and Publications
- Barron's 50 Best Annuities July 2018
- The Value of Guarantees: Why Lifetime Income Matters LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute
- IRS Rules on 1035 exchange by beneficiary Lincoln Financial Group
- 2020 Tax Reference Guide W&S Financial Group Distributors
Effective May 2, 2006, the US Treasury Department implemented a rule requiring life insurance carriers to implement a training program for all producers who sell their products that accumulate cash value or have an investment component, with the intention of arming producers to better understand and know how to detect any money laundering activities. While transactions involving Term, Long Term Care and Disability products are exempt from the Act, some carriers have decided that the rule will apply to sales of all their insurance products. As a result of this, each carrier has developed a program and they are imposing deadlines for you to comply with if you wish to transact business with them. Failure to meet their requirements will potentially result in application processing delays or worse, termination of your existing or future carrier appointment(s).
Anti-Money Laundering Carrier Bulletins
- Mandatory AML for United of Omaha
- AML Renewal for United of Omaha
- AML Refresher Training for Great American
- AML Refresher Course for Great American
- AML Producer Responsibilities for Assurity
- AML for United of Omaha
- AML for The Standard
- AML for Symetra
- AML for Principal
- AML for North American
- AML for Nationwide
- AML for John Hancock
- AML for Great American
- AML for Delaware Life
- AML for Banner
- AML for AXA
- AML for AXA Equitable
- AML for Assurity
- AML for American National
- AML for American General
- AML for Allianz
63% of today's retirees are counting on pension plan payments to cover their living expenses, but only 21% of today's workers are covered by a traditional pension plan, and the percentage is dropping every year. At the same time Social Security is under financial pressure. Many of today's workers will need to save more and plan for potentially decades in retirement without the security of knowing their pension plan will provide enough income as it did for past generations.
Annuities can be a vital part of this planning process with the evolution of product options and insurance companies recognizing this need. Guaranteed lifetime income riders have become a key component in planning for retirement and are available with many of our products. We look forward to assisting you in determining if an annuity option and which option might work best for you and your client.